The Oklahoma Autism Network is a center of excellence committed to improving quality of life for individuals with autism and their families. We facilitate and implement Oklahoma’s Statewide Autism Plan through research, education, and service while respecting individual preferences and promoting community inclusion.
THE OKLAHOMA PLAN
- The Oklahoma Autism Network was established in October 2003 as a statewide administrative unit to facilitate the planning, financing and administration of the various recommendations of the Individuals with Autism and Their Families: Oklahoma Plan. The Oklahoma Plan can be accessed at www.okautism.org/okplan
- The Oklahoma Family and Interagency Autism Council convened during 2009 with membership from state agencies, families, non-profits, communities, and businesses
- The Oklahoma Autism Network is the only statewide autism organization supporting individuals across the full autism spectrum from diagnosis through adulthood.
- The Oklahoma Autism Network serves as the state’s information and referral system providing evidence-based information through our toll-free telephone line, a comprehensive website, and trainings and technical assistance to families and professionals.
- The Oklahoma Autism Network provides direct services to:
- Children with autism and their families through ConnectedKids: Training Parents to Use Developmental and Behavioral Strategies with Their Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder ;
- Individuals with autism and their families through training and one-to-one support; and
- Educators and other professionals to implement evidence-based practices.
- The Oklahoma Autism Network supports parent-led and community organizations across the state.
- Assist communities, including rural, to organize, and start up, and maintain parent support groups; and
- Collaborate to provide training and technical assistance.
- The Oklahoma Autism Network collaborates with state agencies to understand needs and to provide expertise in assessment, program planning, and intervention for individuals with autism spectrum disorders across the lifespan, including the Department of Education, Department of Health, Department of Human Services, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse, and the Oklahoma Health Care Authority, as well as collaborating with the legislature through activities such as serving on the Governor’s Blue Ribbon Panel for Developmental Disabilities under Governor Mary Fallin.
- The Oklahoma Autism Network coordinates activities with other groups and programs focused on Autism Spectrum Disorders so as to maximize the limited resources in the state versus duplicating programs and services.
- The Oklahoma Autism Network conducted the 2015 Oklahoma Autism Needs Assessment Survey of parents or caregivers of individuals with ASD and individuals with ASD 18 years of age or older who live in Oklahoma.
- The Oklahoma Autism Network conducted the statewide 2014 Oklahoma Autism Needs Assessment Survey of Professional Development of professionals supporting individuals with ASD and their families.
- The Oklahoma Autism Network conducted the 2012 Oklahoma Autism Needs Assessment Survey of parents or caregivers of individuals with ASD and individuals with ASD 18 years of age or older who live in Oklahoma.
- The Oklahoma Autism Network developed and implemented the ConnectedKids: Applied Behavior Analysis Research Project outlined in Senate Bill 135.
- The Oklahoma Autism Network coordinated the development and implementation of the Autism Pilot Program.
Printer friendly version of the Oklahoma Autism Network At a Glance